Welcome to the CUPE Staff Retirees’ Association (CSRA)
Please share your comments and questions with us anytime, and also please share with us photos and other content that you feel will be welcomed by your fellow CUPE retirees.
As set out in our By-Laws, the mandate of the CUPE Staff Retiree’s Association is to safeguard and advance the economic welfare of its members. Our By-Laws identify several objectives to help us achieve this mandate:
- Act as the “voice” of retirees with CUPE and the staff unions.
- Respect the roles and responsibilities of the CUPE staff unions and work with them to promote the needs and interests of CUPE retirees and surviving partners.
- Maintain active retiree representatives on the Joint Board of Trustees of the CUPE Employee Pension Plan and the Employee Assistance Plan Committee.
- Implement active communication tools and networks, ensuring all member communications are issued in both official languages.
- Develop a dependable financial base and comprehensive administrative protocols to enable the Association to function as a cost efficient agent, using virtual and electronic tools wherever possible.
- Facilitate cooperative engagement and information sharing among the members.
- Encourage all eligible retirees and surviving spouses to join and support the Association.
The CUPE Staff Retirees’ Association has no official status within the CUPE organization, but works collaboratively with all parties to achieve our mandated goals.